Our team will ensure that both the website files and website database are backed up automatically on a regular schedule to an external server that is not in the same location as your website. Note this is absolutely essential that your backups are not stored on the same server as your website, otherwise you run the risk of a malicious actor or some server issue causing you to lose your site and backups at the same time!
To setup the automated backups for your site, our experts will perform the following steps…
- Verify where the files and database are located for a site and that we have access. Our team will verify that exact database your site is using (you will be surprised how often site owner’s backup the wrong database)
- Install an appropriate backup plugin for your website type (WordPress, Joomla, Magento, Drupal, etc)
- Configure the plugin to take weekly backups and to store the compressed backups in a separate offsite cloud location (Cloud storage such as Google Drive, OneDrive or Dropbox).
- Run an initial backup to verify the process runs correctly and the files are stored off site.
- Our experts will uncompress the backups taken to verify they are not corrupted and will double check they are a working full copy of your site.
- Finally we will provide a full report of the setup performed for your records.